Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Breakers, Palm Beach, FL

In February, I was slated to speak at a conference in Palm Beach, Florida.  The conference was held at The Breakers Resort. I gotta say, if you have to work Tax Season hours, it's nice to be working them near the beach.

On the first day, I explored the resort a little bit, taking some video of the ocean spilling over the breakers (how appropriate, huh?).

At check-in, I was told that my room had been upgraded, but that it had two double beds.  Since I was traveling alone, that didn't matter to me.  I am not quite sure what "upgraded" means.  The room was beautiful, but it overlooked the front entrance to the hotel.
I always love when there's a TV in the mirror in the bathroom.  It adds a little something to the primping process.  This one was interesting though.  It was not HD (maybe they don't make in-mirror screens in HD?) and it didn't have all the same channel line-up as the one in the main room.  The room, like the rest of the hotel, felt very "Old Florida".  I liked it.

Because I had files to review, I spent much time in my room.  One day I ordered a shrimp Caesar salad from room service.  It did not disappoint.
When they said "colossal shrimp", they meant it!  Isn't that starfish glass pretty?  I kept it to drink water for the rest of my stay.  And the napkin was wrapped with a little shell chain.  And by the way - this was the best.bread.ever.

My cousin Kellye happens to live in West Palm Beach, so we were able to spend some time together while I was in town.

One evening after dinner, we came back to the hotel bar, HMF. I enjoyed having a nightcap glass of wine here.  Our server, Giana, was adorable.

The Breakers is most definitely a 5-Star hotel, and I was spoiled in my two nights there.  The service was impeccable in all areas.  The lobby area was just beautiful.  The rooms were safe; location wonderful, and ambiance was amazing.

I would love to return to this resort someday with my husband and/or daughter and spend a little more time enjoying the resort and less time working.

3 comments:

  1. You're better than I am…I would have swiped the starfish glass for my permanent collection. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I was busy swiping the chocolates and macarons they left on my bed each night. I keep a bowl full of these little gems on my kitchen island for friends and family to nosh on when visiting. I do admit I thought for a moment about adding the shell chain to my "permanent collection".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to keep a bowl of candies out as well. My problem is that I eat them before company comes over.

    ReplyDelete