Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Allure Day 6 - twenty and the White Ladies

We missed most of the 70s party because we had plans to meet some friends in the Viking Crown Lounge.  I was glad we spent some time in the VCL this cruise, because it is the RCCL signature and we often forget about it when we're on cruises.  One of the best views on the ship.

We showed up about 11pm and our group was already there, plus a couple of more guys who we were to meet that evening.  We took a long table near the bar, overlooking the H20 Zone and ordered a cocktail.

There was a band playing maybe some big band or swing music, but I won't look up the name of them because we didn't think they were very good.

After a couple of rounds, we made our way to one of my favorite events of every RCCL cruise: twenty

twenty is a late night party where the Solarium is converted into a dance club.  Much of the area is draped in white, and there are blue lights shining on everything (or maybe they are blacklights).

My favorite part is that they have these ladies who dress in all white with these cool hula hoops and stand like statues, moving from time to time into various, very cool poses.  I don't know what they call them.  I call them the "white ladies".

Here is one of them.

 I must have had the flash on, so you can't see the blue glow here.  I wanted this white lady to move, but she stood very still most of the night.

This was the other white lady.
 This one did move quite a bit, and I loved it.
 And back to the boring one.  I kept saying she shouldn't get paid for that night. But maybe she wasn't feeling well.  I didn't like this white lady.

Here's a group shot of all of us.
Dave, Mark, Christy, David, me and Chris

The DJ was a lot of fun that night.
 
 More of the "good" white lady who made me happy
I think I want to go as a white lady next Halloween.

We ran into Julia, my Brazilian friend from the flowrider.

And somehow, I ended up with David's hat.  Seems to be the theme of the cruise.  Remember, Harold ended up with it the night before in Blaze.

We danced and had a great time, and danced some more, and watched the white lady that moved and the white lady who was not feeling well, and danced some more.

And...

It's not a party 'til someone loses a shoe.
Yep, my formal night shoe broke.  Chris went back to the room and got me a pair of flip flops to replace them.  Yes, I was stylin'!

We stayed a little longer at twenty, then headed to sweet dreams before our final Sea Day.  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment