Sunday, November 18, 2012

Allure Day 6 - Where's My Dress?

This night was the second formal night.  When we went back to our room to get ready for the evening, I checked the closet and could not find the cute black sequin dress I had planned to wear that night.  I was a bit baffled for a hot minute.  Then I realized that I must have forgotten to pack it.  Luckily I had packed a cute standby LBD.  It wasn't formal, but I'd jazz it up with some jewelry and make it work.  TIP: Always bring one extra LBD.  It will work in a pinch on any evening.

When we got home after the cruise, I found a space on a rack in our closet that had 7 blouses and dresses I had pulled out to pack, then forgotten to pack.  Except for the black sequin dress, I never even missed any of these items.  TIP: Follow the "cruising rule" of unpacking half of your suitcase after you pack it for a cruise (or just never pack half in the first place).

Dinner that night was at Chops Grill in Central Park at 8pm and it was excellent.  We were immediately seated and really enjoyed our meal.  I don't remember everything we ordered, but I got the smaller fillet and Chris got the larger one and later wished he had gotten the smaller one.

We ran into a couple we had met near the flowrider and had seen several times over the course of the cruise.  Bob and (I can't remember her name - I feel bad - I should take notes).  They are super nice and I wish we had had time to get to know them better.  TIP: bring business cards, or name cards with your email address, and take good notes!

We were stuffed and didn't want to order dessert, but our server, who was great, by the way, talked us into taking the chocolate dessert (mud pie maybe?) back to our room to indulge in later, perhaps with a glass of milk ordered from room service.  Chris went to great pains to find room in our mini-fridge to store the dessert, and we promptly forgot about it, until we were cleaning up our cabin on the last day.

When we went to the room to drop off the Chops dessert, we found this towel animal, our third and last for the cruise.  

After going to our room, we stopped by Focus, the photo studio, to see the pics of us so far.  We pulled a couple off the wall and placed them into our folder for later.  The Oasis class has nailed the cruise photo process.  You have an index number on your Seapass card and you go to that tower and binder to see your photos.  For example, your card may say 21-76.  Go to tower #21 and grab binder #76.  That is your binder, with all of your photos.  They use face recognition to organize all of them.  The system isn't perfect (all photos don't make it into the binder - for example, if your face is hidden behind sunglasses, and we found another couple's photo in our binder - I was flattered, incidentally - she was adorable!), but it works much better than fishing through hundreds of photos of the other 6198 passengers to find your own.

From Focus, we could see the 70s party on the Royal Promenade below us.  Here are some photos.  The Rising Tide bar was stopped a few feet off Deck 5.  I believe they allowed the singles and solo cruisers on Rising Tide during this part of the evening.    
You can see the crowd beyond the Rising Tide bar.  I am so glad I wasn't in that mess!

One of the cruise staff and our cruise director, Allan Brooks, on the platform that rolls out of the globe above the Bow and Stern Pub.  He is dressed as John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever.


I love 70s night on every Royal Caribbean cruise.  It is always almost identical, but varies a little depending on the cruise director (for example, Richard Spacey does Austin Powers instead of John Travolta), but it's always great.  But this night, we had other plans.  

So we moved on. To...

No comments:

Post a Comment