Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Allure Day 3 - "Live the Allure"

I have not one single photograph dated October 2.  We must have been having too much fun!

This was our first Sea Day.  Our plans for the day were:
9am - 5pm open flowrider
10:30am - Meet & Mingle
10:30pm - Comedy Show
Late - Escape by Malibu party

We were up a little after 9am and grabbed a bite at Park Cafe on our way up to Deck 15 for the flowrider advanced session.  "Advanced" just means you need to be able to load yourself onto the wave without assistance.  The line wasn't long yet, and I remember one guy asking me "can you load yourself?"  I think he was trying to save me time standing in line if I couldn't.

We rode until about 11am, then went for some real breakfast.  We didn't check the Compass or the touchscreens first, and headed to the Solarium, remembering how much we loved the healthier options there on Oasis.  When we got there, they were pulling the "crossing" ropes and closing the buffets.

So we checked the touchscreens (we finally got smart!) and saw that the Windjammer was open. So, back to the aft of the ship.  When we got there, the doors were closed on the starboard side.  I don't remember checking the port side, but we sure did think it was closed. :(

We headed back to Central Park and relaxed in some chairs while we waited for it to open for lunch at 11:30.  At that time, there was immediately a line.  We waited for the line to die down a little and headed in. Chris got a made-to-order salad and I got a "famous" roast beef sandwich and some chips.

I found a four-top table outside.  I always hate taking a four-top when there are just two of us.  But a few minutes later I saw a couple looking for seats and just invited them to sit with us.  We were finishing up and they were just starting, so it worked out well and we met new people!

We walked around the ship for a bit.  We stopped by Guest Services to check on our Rita's Fiesta reservation, since it wasn't showing on our Personal Calendar in the cabin.  They said "those TVs aren't always right.  Check with Rita's."  I also asked them if the "Live the Allure" book is still available for sale.  They said they didn't think so.  I had asked at the Rising Tide bar the night before, and they didn't have it (Rising Tide is where it was reportedly originally sold).  I was a little sad that I couldn't find this book.  I really wanted it.

So we went to Rita's to check and they were closed for the afternoon.  I found a server who said she would check with her manager and he would call our room and leave a message later today or tomorrow.  (Never got that call)

Chris went to the gym and I went to the pool to relax and get some sun.  I strategically found a chair near the "main pool", knowing the "Pool Games" were scheduled for that pool at 12:30.  I enjoyed watching the games, which were men vs. women and took place IN the pool.  They played a line-up game where they passed a soaked t-shirt from the front to back of line over their heads, then the last person ran it to the front and squeezed into a bucket.  The men won for squeezing more water.

Then they gave each team 2 minutes to choreograph a synchronized swimming routine, which was great fun to watch!

I stopped by the spa and made an appointment for the next evening, then checked email in my cabin, before meeting Chris back at the flowrider.

We surfed until about 4pm, then went back to the room to change to dry clothes.  We had our Meet & Mingle in the Comedy Club at 4:30 (changed from the original 10:30am in Dazzles).

Chris stopped by the Bow & Stern for a Guinness to take with him to the M&M.  Maybe he was nervous about meeting all of my new friends?

We arrived just before 4:30 and were given nice lanyards to hold our nametags.  These had a pen and pad of paper inside.  We mingled a little and Zac, the activities director, welcomed us and gave a short presentation.  He teased us about the upcoming Sunshine Class, not really giving us any information.  Then he held a raffle drawing.

Before the raffle, Zac showed all of the prizes, which included a bottle of champagne (part of the grand prize package), a super secret mystery white box, t-shirts and - guess what?  Eight (count 'em - EIGHT!) "Live the Allure" books!!  I was on the edge of my seat.  I said to Chris "I HAVE to win one of those!"

There were about 40 of us in attendance.  Tickets were drawn.  Numbers were read. Prizes were awarded.  I was getting even sadder.  So close to that darn "Live the Allure" book!  And yet, so far.

And then...

You guessed it.  They called my number!!  I won a package with a t-shirt, the mystery white box (which I was clearly not very excited about, yet everyone else in the room wanted to know!), and...
Tada!! Yippee!! I had my book. This book is very cool and has descriptions and photos of 6 of the 7 "neighborhoods" on Allure of the Seas.  It also has some interesting facts and trivia, and a sort-of scavenger hunt.  When they originally released the book, they hosted a game show on board, but that has been discontinued.

What's in the white mystery box, you ask?  It was a Royal Caribbean cold/hot cup/mug.  We saved it to give as a gift.  The T-shirt was sleepwear size for me, so I gave it to our new buddy Harold.  Al, who coordinated most of our roll call and kept our manifest and activities list running, rightly won the grand prize with the champagne.

We enjoyed the Meet & Mingle and were glad that we attended.  During the M&M, they finalized plans for a slot pull and cabin crawl later in the week.  We knew we'd probably be at the flowrider during that time, so we didn't commit to attend these.  I heard that the slot pull was a $20 investment with a $28 gross return.  Not bad!

Next up, what would we do for dinner?  We had no plans at all!                


No comments:

Post a Comment