Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Allure - Day Minus 1

I titled this "The Most Disorganized Review Ever" because it will likely not end up in chronological, or any other, order. I began with good intentions of journaling our voyage, but that lasted exactly 1 day and a half. We stayed busy and I was too tired to journal at the end of the day. I will begin by trying to stay in chronological order, but I'm sure my random thoughts will be scattered around.

Pre-Cruise:

We had some JetBlue vouchers (free!) and flew in to FLL Saturday, September 29th at around 3pm. We met my cousin Kellye, who lives in Boca Raton, at our hotel, Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale - 17th Street. She had big plans for our evening. I was super excited to be able to see Oasis of the Seas from our balcony.

We had left Austin early and were hungry, so we walked over to the Southport Raw Bar for a snack and a cold beverage. Kellye and Chris at Southport Raw Bar:
The food was good. They have some great Bimini bread. I had a clam chowder. Good selection of beer and a cool vibe.

Then we decided to hop across the street to 
Quarterdeck for another cocktail. Great bar staff here. Back to the hotel afterward to freshen up before dinner, which was at 8:30 at Anthony's Runway 84.

Runway 84 is a unique restaurant with an airplane theme and a fun scene on the patio. An older crowd, and excellent Italian food. Their signature meatball appetizer is delicious!


After a fun evening and with full bellies, we went back to the room and attempted to get a good night's sleep. Hard to do when you're "too excited to sleep"!

No comments:

Post a Comment