Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Allure of the Seas 2012 - Pre-Cruise

Allure Sept 30, 2012 - The Most Disorganized Review Ever

Background:
It was Sunday, February 19, 2012. In the "dead" of a cold winter. (Incidentally, "cold" is relative. We live in Austin, Texas. It was probably 50 degrees.) My husband Chris and I were planning out our year and dreaming about a cruise with a Flowrider. Our last cruise had been a 3-nighter in October 2010 on Liberty of the Seas. Due to our budget, we concluded that night that we would have to forgo a cruise in 2012 and that it would be at least 3 years between cruises for us. Not horrible, mind you. But a little somber.

Monday morning, February 20, 2012. I received this email:



And I didn't trust it. I barely remembered entering the RC Facebook contest back in January. I called them and insisted that there must be a catch. I bet I have to book and buy a cruise, and you'll send me champagne and strawberries as a bon voyage gift, right? The representative assured me that it was legitimate, and, long story short, I completed the affidavit and received this in the mail shortly afterward:


So there you have it. We were super lucky to be one of 6 winners of the cruise. We could choose any 7-day Caribbean itinerary (excluding black-out dates in high season) on any ship sailing such itinerary. We had been on Oasis in 2010, and Liberty was (and still is) our favorite ship. If you haven't guessed already, we are huge Flowrider fans, and it is our first priority when choosing a cruise. This time, we selected Allure, just to try Ms. O's sister ship.

Over the next few weeks, we planned out our schedule and ultimately were booked on the September 30 sailing of Allure of the Seas. It was our first choice out of the three we submitted.

Commence the countdown...

No comments:

Post a Comment